2. For the purpose of the DPA and GDPR I am the data controller and any enquiry regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed to Sonya Barba by e-mail at
By using the Website’s and booking training and appointments with Sonya Barba you consent to this policy
Information I Collect
3. I will collect personal data on https://www.sonyabarba.co.uk only if it is directly provided to us by you the user, e.g. your e-mail address, name, home or work address and telephone number, and therefore has been provided by you with your consent. Normally you will only provide some of these details if you wish to register on my mailing list or making a purchase from me.
4. I use analytical and statistical tools that monitor details of your visits to my website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data (but this data will not identify you personally).
5. Your payment information provided when you make a payment is not received or stored by me. That information is processed securely and privately by the third party payment processors that I offer. Sonya Barba will not have access to that information at any time. I may share your personal data with my payment processors, but only for the purpose of completing the relevant payment transaction. Such payment processors are banned from using your personal data, except to provide these necessary payment services to me, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your personal data and payment information. Payment Processor is iZettle at and Pay Pal at https://www.paypal.com.
Use of your information
6. We may hold and process personal data that you provide to us in accordance with the DPA and GDPR
7. The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable me to provide my services to you, and to meet my contractual commitments to you. In addition, I may use the information for the following purposes:
To notify you about any changes to Healing Arts for The Soul, that may affect my service.
Where you have personally consented to receive my promotional e-mails of my services, from time to time to provide that to you.
Disclosure of your information
8. I may disclose your information to regulatory bodies to enable me to comply with the law and to assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
Controlling the use of your data
9. If you have given me consent to use your data for a particular purpose you can revoke or vary that consent at any time. If you do not want me to use your data or want to vary the consent that you have provided you can email me at at any time.
Where I store your data
Personal details such as name, telephone number and e-mail address are store in my website e-mail account for further communications with you by e-mail or telephone. The account is protected with a personal password.
These are the cookies that my website uses:
* This cookie is not used in this website.
12. The transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure. Although I will do my best to protect your personal data, I cannot guarantee the security of data while you are transmitting it to my site; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your personal data, I will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Third party links
13. You might find links to third party websites on my website. These websites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. I do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as I have no control over them.
14. The DPA and GDPR give you the right to access information held about you by me. Please e-mail Sonya Barba if you wish to request confirmation of what personal information I hold relating to you. You can email to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no charge for requesting that I provide you with details of the personal data that I hold. I will provide this information within one month of your requesting the data.
15. You have the right to change the permissions that you have given me in relation to how I may use your data. You also have the right to request that I cease using your data or that I delete all personal data records that I hold relating to you. You can exercise these rights at any time by writing to me by email to
Changes to this policy
16. I may update these policies to reflect changes to the website’s and customer feedback. Please regularly review these policies to be informed of how I am protecting your personal data.
Version: May 2018
Additional Note regarding medical and vet records:
18. Sonya Barba has the appropriate Health Professionals Policy with Holistic Services (http://www.holisticinsurance.co.uk/), a privately owned company authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
19. It is a condition of the Insurance Policy to take and retain client records. The policy wording notes:
"The Insurer shall at all times retain the records for a period of a least five (5) years from the date of treatment and, in the case of a minor, for a period of at least (5) years after that minor would attain majority (18) ".
Conditions- 4 (b), page 4.
20. These medical records are in a paper format and are kept in a locked space, you are welcome to view your own at any time. Sonya Barba does not keep any medical records electronically.